Snowmass is hosting an Encore presentation of last year's hit Culinary Arts Festival this weekend- in what will likely be a classic weekend of fine food, beverage, and culinary talent. A more casual mountain culinary festival, this one will span 2 packed days and will focus more on the locals who are changing the
gastronomic landscape of Colorado.
With tickets at $65- this is also a more affordable mountain festival. But that doesn't mean the talent is diluted- some of the best chefs from Denver and beyond will be highlighting the weekend, including:
- Chef Richard Sandoval: Tamayo, Zengo, La Sandia
- Alex Seidel: Fruition
- Frank Bonanno: Luca D'Italia, Mizuna, Osteria Marco, etc.
- Hosea Rosenberg: Top Chef 2009- Jax Fish House
- Mark Fischer: Restaurant Six89
The schedule for the weekend is as follows:
Friday, July 22
- 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.: Art lovers will enjoy more than 30 juried artists’ works throughout the Snowmass Mall.
- 2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.: Free Viking Stage Kitchen Cooking Demonstrations will include Kimball Executive Chef Vaughn Hobbs; Chef David Von Holton of The Artisan; Clark Church of Garnish; and Alan Sirull of The Brothers’ Grille.
- 4:00 p.m.: Venga Venga and Chef Sandoval will host Tequilas & Tapas, a ticketed event for $30. Guests will sample a flight of tequilas paired with Mexican tapas.
Saturday, July 23
- 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.: Juried art exhibit continues.
- 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.: PBS Chef Christy Rost conducts a workshop entitled “A Colorado Kitchen: Celebrating Farm-to-table Menus and Decorations.”
- 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.: Chef Hosea Rosenberg hosts “Smoking at Home.”
- 1:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.: Chef Sandoval cooking demonstration
- 2:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.: Chef Alex Seidel hosts “Making Sheep’s Milk Ricotta – Simple & Easy.”
- 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.: Chef Frank Bonanno will perform cooking demonstration on “Niçoise Salad with Tuna Conserva” and Regional Chef Mark Fischer from Six89, Phat Thai, and the Pullman will host "Porcini and Pancetta."
- 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.: Palette of Pairings, featuring Chef Christy Rost, invites guests to indulge in a feast of small plates prepared by over 20 local chefs paired with wines, beers, and spirits.
And as the festivities carry on, of course it will be a beautiful weekend in the CO mountains. If you end up heading into the hills- please send me an email and let me know, I would love to snag a glass of vino with you and grab some world-class grub! Stay tuned for a full recap of the weekend next week sometime.
Dish it up!
Photos courtesy of Jeremy Swanson